When your friends and family ask, tell them "NO! WE ARE NOT OKAY!"
I’ve gotten some questions about Mid-Year Evaluations, so I am resending this info we’ve sent out in the past
1) Mid-Year Evaluations - As per state law and district policy, only teachers on Corrective Action Plans are required to have Mid-Year Evaluations done. These Mid-Year Evaluations should be done:
· Before February 15 (if CAP in place before September 15), or
· Before summative conference (if CAP in place after September 15).”
1) Contract Update: On Monday, the members of the NTU Negotiation Committee met and reviewed the contract surveys we have gotten. We are starting to boil everything down to a list of several demands. We have not yet formally met with the district to begin negotiations formally, but we will continue to keep you updated. IF YOU HAVE NOT FILLED OUT THE CONTRACT SURVEY YET, PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY!
The US Department of Labor recently posted this document about FMLA rights. Please keep this valueable resource handy for any and all questions regarding your federally protected FMLA rights.
While the now discredited Cami Anderson was still in office and the current SAS Sup't Chris Cerf was N.J. Commissioner of Education, they agreed to the following language in our contract regarding Supplemental Fringe Benefits:
1. That the SFBF shall solicit open market competitive quotes on the entire supplemental employee benefit package bargaining unit members.
2. That the SFBF shall, after review of all quotes, review and select a benefit provider.