The Newark Teachers Union invites qualified and interested members to apply for the position of Building Representative for your School.
All persons interested in the position of Newark Teachers Union Building Representative should complete the below application, no later than Friday, OCTOBER 16, 2015. PLEASE REVIEW ALL POLICIES AND RESPONSIBILITES BELOW!
- American History High
- Brick Avon
- Bruce St
- E Alma Flagg
- Early Childhood Center, South (Chancellor Annex)
- Early Childhood Center, West (Speedway)
- Elliott St
- Fast Track Success Academy
- George Washington Carver
- Girls Academy @ Weequahic
- Hawthorne Ave
- Ivy Hill
- Louise A Spencer
- Luis Munoz Marin
- Miller @ Spencer
- Newark Bridges
- Newark Early College @ West Side
- Newark Evening
- Newark Innovation Academy
- Newark Vocational @ West Side
- Oliver St
- Roberto Clemente
- South 17th St
- 13th Ave
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
A full pledged Newark Teachers Union member in good standing for three full years.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports the Newark Teachers Union and its policies.
2. Provide all union members with representation and service.
3. Become knowledgeable of existing contracts.
4. Enforce all provisions of existing contract.
5. Forms an effective Building Committee.
6. Holds monthly Union meetings in your building 7. Holds monthly meeting with Principal and N.T.U. Building Committee.
8. Attends monthly Building Representative meetings.
9. Attends NTU Membership meetings.
10. Attends functions sponsored by the Newark Teachers Union and its parent Organizations.
11. Attends meetings and functions sponsored by affiliated Labor Organizations.
12. Maintains a neat, attractive and updated Union Bulletin Board in your building.
13. Other duties and functions as may be determined by President and/or Director of Organization
REVISED NTU Building Rep Policy
- Any NTU member in good standing for three consecutive years shall be eligible to run for building representative.
- All interested candidates will be able to apply on our website, and will be vetted by the Building Rep Support Committee and NTU Director of Organization. If necessary, elections will be scheduled and overseen by NTU Staff, under the direction of the NTU Director of Organization.
The NTU Director of Organization shall be responsible for implementing this provision and policy. The NTU Director of Organization’s decisions are final and binding.
NTU Rep Support Committee