The NTUniversity-ERC is providing the following workshops:
· Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 4:15 – 5:30pm in the NTU Conference Room –“Teaching to the Emotions: Using Brain-based Research for Classroom Management”. This workshop is geared for all grade levels and/or all subjects. The workshop will introduce (1) how brain-based-learning works; (2) how to apply neuroscience in the classroom; (3) how the emotions play an important role in classroom work, memory, and classroom management; and finally (4) brain-based student-engagement strategies. Presenters are Jose R. Ortiz and Nancy Ortiz/Bilngual-Special Education Teachers@ Luis Munoz Marin School.
· REGISTRATION CLOSED! Thursday, March 17, 2015 from 3:45 -5:15pm in the NTU Conference Room. “Driving Towards Success: Introductory to Google Drive”. Are you struggling with Google Drive? Fear no more and come and experience how to navigate Google Drive with experienced technology teachers: JoAnn Pringle, Belmont-Runyon Elementary School and Ginger Mullens, Peshine Avenue School. Little or no knowledge/experience is needed. Occupancy is 15 people. Please bring your laptop or Chromebook (Preferred).
· Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 4:15 – 5:15pm in the NTU Conference Room – “Let’s Learn Kahoot!” Kahoot! is a free, fun game-based learning geared for any subject, language, and/or devices, and for all ages! Participants must have an iPhone, and an iPad, tablet, laptop or chrome book. Presenter: Vilma Mosquera-Bilingual Teacher from Wilson Avenue School.
· Wednesday, March 30, 2015 from 3:45 -5:45pm in the NTU – ERC Center. “Spark Up!: Navigating the SPARK Curriculum Website”. This workshop is geared for physical education teachers with little or no experience using the Spark Curriculum website for designing lesson plans aligned with NJCCCS. Please bring your laptop or Chromebook (Optional). Presenters are Physical Education Teachers: Alicia Malave-Diaz, Belmont-Runyon Elementary School and Anthony Lardieri, Luis Munoz Marin Elementary School.
· Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 3:45 – 5:15pm in the NTU Conference Room – “Professional Improvement Fund at Its Best” in the NTU conference room. Come and learn how to maximize on thoroughly completing the PIF forms accurately so it can be processed in a timely and quick manner. A complete hands-on guide/powerpoint presentation with Justin Petino, PIF-NTU Committee Chairperson/Physical Education Teacher at East Side High School and Awilda Rodriguez, PIF Committee representative/ESL Teacher at Benjamin Franklin School/NTU-ERC Resource Center. Occupancy is 25 people.
Please email: ERC@newarkteachersunion.com in the subject area please type the name of workshop you are interested in attending. Then provide us the following: your name, your school name, your email address, your school phone number and your personal cellphone number where you can be reached.