1) Observations – IMPORTANT! If you receive an Ineffective or Partial Effective on your observation, YOU SHOULD WRITE A REBUTTAL. Without a rebuttal, the record has nothing to show except that you agreed with this negative observation. And these observations can have a dramatic impact on your salary or tenure rights. Please review these Rebuttal tips attached.
2) Mid-Year Evaluation - Under TeachNJ, Mid-Year Evaluations are only required for teachers on Corrective Action Plans (teachers who received an ineffective or partially effective on their end of the year evaluation). As we said above, if you receive an Ineffective or Partial Effective on your mid-year, YOU SHOULD WRITE A REBUTTAL. Without a rebuttal, the record has nothing to show except that you agreed with this negative evaluation.
3) Organizing - NTU continues to work to ensure that every school has representation, whether through a Building Rep, Executive Board Member, and/or a Building Committee. If you or someone you know would be interested in helping us organize your school, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizing can be as simple as making sure staff at the school are receiving NTU communications or making sure everyone is a full dues paying NTU member. The more organized we are, the stronger our voice will be in this time of transition and beyond.
4) NTUniversity: NTUniversity's first two workshops were a great success, and we have received a lot of requests to do additional sessions. We will have that information out to you in the coming weeks.
If you are interested in presenting a future workshop to your fellow NTU members, please review the following requirements and draft a submission. All presenters will be given a stipend of $50.00/session.
5) Kudos – The new NTU website is regularly updated with a wide variety of important information, including a calendar of events, and how to’s for topics like FMLA’s. If you have anything you’d like added to the website (kudos, pictures/videos from your school, etc), just send it to email@example.com.. There a lot of amazing things going on in the Newark Public Schools, and it’s important to highlight them!