Sorry for the short update this week. I was unable to get to the NTU Office today, and I had to use an older computer to do this week’s update and I didn’t have access to my usual programs and templates. We will be back to our usual format next week.
Mike Maillaro, Director of Research and Communication
Please use every resource available to get registered for the Covid-19 vaccine as soon as it becomes available in your area.
John M Abeigon
Newark Teachers Union
Local 481, AFT, AFL-CIO
How do I know if my prescription is covered?
Different benefit plans use different formularies to establish the procedures for how different prescriptions are covered.
For staff on the NJ Educators Health Plan, click here for the formulary.
For more information, you can reach out to AETNA using the phone number on the back of your insurance card or you can log on to your Employee Self Service and use the links for:
· Benefit Express - Open Enrollment NBOE’s robust online enrollment portal, administered by benefitexpress. This online portal includes a comparison tool that enables you to review and compare each plan options’ benefits and cost. You will be able evaluate which plan will work best for your own situation and determine what your biweekly contribution amount will be for each plan option.
· Employee Benefits Portal HRconnection is a one-stop shop for plan summaries, health and fringe benefit plans, and other important information.
Executive Board Meeting
Under the NTU Constitution, Executive Board Meetings are open to the membership, except for when in Executive Session. Currently, the NTU is doing virtual meetings so we are asking members who wish to attend the meetings to fill out the attached information, and we will send you a link to the meeting. All requests must be in by close of business on the day before the meeting (for our February 23, 2021 meeting, that means all requests must be in by 5:00 PM on Monday, February 22.
For security reasons, please use your NBOE email, and you must be an NTU member to receive a meeting link. We will set aside some time at the end of the meeting for members who would like to address the Executive Board.
Save the Date!
· Tuesday, February 23 – NTU Executive Board Meeting, 3:30 PM
· Tuesday, February 23, NBOE Business Meeting, 6:00 PM
· Wednesday, February 24 – NTU Building Rep Meeting, 3:30 PM
· Thursday, February 35 – NBOE Meeting 6:00 PM
· Tuesday, March 2 – NTU Membership Meeting