1) NTU’s New Website: The Newark Teachers Union has launched our new website this week at www.ntuaft.com or http://newark.aft.nj.org. The website is still being expanded, but if you have any suggestions, please reach out to email@example.com. We also have a new Facebook page and Twitter feed!
2) NTU Building Reps: We have many buildings without Building Reps at this time. If you are interested in being your school’s Building Rep, you will receive an application in the next day or so. Please complete the application, and returned as per instructions. It is vital that we get a Rep at each Building site!
3) Ed Resource Center: In the mail, you will soon receive your NTU Ed Resource Center Discount Card. More information to come, but keep an eye out for that benefit!
4) Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk: The "NTU Teach for a Cure" team has been registered for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on Broad Street on 10/18/2015. In honor of those who are battling, who have survived and who we have lost. We are encouraging all Building Reps and NTU members to rally their co-workers within their own schools and to join us under the "NTU... Teach for a Cure" team. You can do so by registering yourself and joining our team at the above link.
5) Family Medical Leave: The District has put the FMLA forms on the Employee Self-Service link. If you need the most up-to-date FMLA forms, please log into your Employee Self Service and click “Request a Leave of Absence” on the left hand side of the screen.
6)Back to School Night FAQ’s:
- What time does it run until?
Back to School Night runs no later than 7 PM.
- Who has to attend?
All instructional staff - administrators, teachers, tutors, guidance counselors, Social Workers, nurses, parent liaisons and child study team members
- Who does not have to attend?
Teacher aides, one-on-one aides, and clerks,
- What do we do about dinner?
Principals are to make provision for light refreshments, spending no more than $5.00 per staff member from the school's SLC allocation
-When is the food supposed to arrive?
Between 4:15 and 5:00 PM Schedules should be organized so that each staff member would have the opportunity to eat without disrupting the overall flow of the conferences
John M Abeigon
President/ Director of Organization