By May 15, you should receive either a non-reoffering letter or a contract in the mail for the 2018-2019 school year from the Newark Public Schools.
IF YOU RECEIVE A NON-REOFFERING LETTER:
If you are a non-tenured teacher who received a letter of non-reoffering, you need to reach out to the Newark Teachers Union immediately! Email email@example.com and he will discuss your case with you.
1. IF YOU HAVE NOT REQUESTED A HEARING ALREADY
- Click this link:CAUSE/HEARING REQUEST to Request the Causes for non-reoffering and your Donaldson Hearing
- Print the letter and send it in certified/return receipt requested and save your receipt
- You have TEN DAYS from receipt/notification of non-reoffering to send this letter (make sure you CC the appropriate people as indicated)
2. AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR CAUSE/HEARING REQUEST
- Click and print this DONALDSON CHECKLIST and complete it as soon as possible
You will hear from us in the coming weeks for an important meeting that you must attend in preparation for your hearing. You will be required to bring your completed checklist and the materials.
IF YOU RECEIVED A CONTRACT:
Fill out your contract and send it back to the district accepting employment for next year!
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A NON-REOFFERING LETTER OR CONTRACT BY MAY 15:
If you don’t receive a non-reoffering or a contract for 2018-2019 school year BY MAY 15, you should immediately follow the directions on the enclosed form.
Please call the NTU (973) 643-8430 with any and all questions you may have in regards to the 2017-2018 school year.