1) Stipend Payment: We’ve gotten a lot of questions about when the district will be paying out the Turnaround/Head Start Stipends. The date they gave us is January 19th.
We at the NTU hope that you have a restful holiday break!
1) NPS Central Office Relocation - NPS sent out this information, and we wanted you to be aware of it:
As you know, the Central Office of the Newark Public Schools is moving.
The overall move will be complete by the time the district returns from winter recess on 01/02/18. Until that time we are providing information to assist you in finding the right department during this transition period. A few key things to note:
1) December Pay Checks: Payroll Reminder! December is a three pay-check month. For full time ten month employees, you will be paid on December 1 (covering 11/20 to 12/01), December 15 (covering 12/04 to 12/15), and December 21
(covering 12/18 to 12/29). The first paycheck in January will be January 12, 2018.
1) Schedule - Just a reminder that in our new contract, NTU members now have 5 personal days. Also remember that only 3 of these 5 personal days roll over as sick days if they are unused by the end of the school year.
· Wednesday, November 22 – School Open. 1 PM Closing. If absent, employee must use a personal day. You can only use a sick day if it’s a part of an extended or short term sick leave.
· Thursday - Friday, November 23-24 – Thanksgiving. School Closed.